Friday, March 2, 2012

Updates and Chatter

Good Morning! 
It is a grey day in North Carolina. We have had the oddest weather (Yes, odder than AZ). It was a HOT sunny day yesterday and it was sooo COLD the day before that-makes no sense to me. But Spring is definitely getting here! 
There is a soccer field and running trail by our house, we all (and by we all I mean the family and Uncle Shaw) went to play some frisbee and PK came back with a runny nose and puffy eyes.... 

So I've been waiting to share pictures of the house until it gets painted and completely set up (I'm scoping garage sales and craig's for new furniture) but I feel like many of you just can't stand the suspense! haha. No, really it's me, I just want to show you. So I'm putting up a few so ya'll can get an idea of our home! I can't wait for a couple of months from now when I can show you the "after" photos!


First up: our trampoline! (which we don't bounce on anymore because it is unsafe on account of the springs flying off) But cute picture right!?
 Pk's Room!
 The Office/Extra Bedroom (without the bed, working on that)
 Finally, our kitchen!
 Here are some pictures from the drive. No mom, of coarse I didn't take these while driving ;)
It was muggy and rainy our whole trip. The best part of the drive was walkie talkie-ing with Jared-that's him in the picture, well the Uhaul. The second best part was stopping in Atlanta to have dinner with Makayla and Mark at TIN LIZZY'S! 


For some reason my computer isn't recognizing my phone, so I can't upload any hilarious videos of Peter, but maybe Jared can help me when he has some down time. That might be approximately 2 months from now :) His training has started and he is already studying like a mad man! We were told that the hardest part of this coarse is the first 2 months so PLEASE be sending up extra prayers for Jared,   Mike Shaw, and Carlton Crudup during this training. Shaw's family gets here Sunday! Safe travel prayers for them please :) and their car needs to be miraculously healed as well! We really are growing into a family like group so please please pray for the guys, I don't know what kind of obstacles they will face but I'm sure they will be there. But God's grace is sufficient! We are out of Columbus and the previous unhealthy work environment. 

"If you feel like you don't have enough time in the day, you feel overweight, or you just don't feel like you are being all you can be in your life, try these steps:
1. Get rid of your cable box, yes the DVR too
2. Stop drinking soda, cook at home
3. Basically get rid of any substance or activity you tend to abuse...."
-Anonymous

We don't have cable here, and I'm off soda for lent! It feels really good! I have more time to craft/get house projects done, clean, and settle down to read a book! 

Anyway, that's probably all the updating you can take! I'll make sure to BLOG if anything interesting happens! But you will most likely be seeing before and after craft project photos before real news. Just warning you :) Love and miss you all!

House on Hampshire

No comments:

Post a Comment