Friday, March 30, 2012

Beautiful Things

Slowly, life is rolling back into our routine. My favorite song right now is "Beautiful Things" by Gungor.
"You make beautiful things, you make beautiful things out of the dust, you make beautiful things, you make beautiful things out of us. All around, hope is springing up from this old ground, out of chaos life is being found in you."
Today the sun is out and the breeze is lovely. Driving back home from running errands  and as we cross a river, about to go up a small hill, you can see the beauty of the tall green pine trees, from the angle at the bottom of the hill they looked like they were just caressing clear blue sky. Windows down, wind flipping my hair, praise music blaring, Peter dancing, I stuck my arm out the window in a true moment of praise for our God.
Tears come to my eyes as I have this bittersweet moment of lingering loss and pain and true awe and wonder of how GOOD my God is. He makes beautiful things- earth, families, music that speaks to your heart, His word, friends that are family, healed persons, eternal life


Today we spent some dinero getting the yard pretty for Easter at our house! That's right, next Saturday big Easter Egg Hunt with our friends here in NC. Since I have managed to keep the indoor plant alive, I decided to step it up a notch and try some outdoor ones (PLUS a fun activity for PK and I to do together). Pictures (not in order of occurence, sorry!
Pk gets the whole "say cheese" thing now!
Luckily he was in the mood to comply...
Close up of our flower box! 
 Chairs from Home Depot, made in the USA! yahoo!
Table from Target, also USA!

The finished product^
 PK pouring dirt^ 
PK being careful not to spill his dirt on the way up
More dirt pouring. Funny story, when we
first went out (without a dirt cup) he got bored VERY
quickly, he actually went inside and I had to bribe him back out
by telling him it was time to water the flowers, I brought out the cup that time because apparently his problem was touching the dirt with just his hands...
 "Say Cheese"
 Pk's own personal flower pot.

We are going backwards in time now, I've had the yucky green child's chair for a few months now and I've been attempting to reupholster on my own with just a regular staple gun and a not so good pair of pliers. Not super easy. So my awesome neighbor/friend/husband's best buddy's wife came over and helped me out LOTS!
I made Natalie pose with the new and improved chair!!!



Well that is most of the updates for now, I don't want to overload anyone in one blog! Friends/family who read this but arn't subscribed, will you subscribe? You will get my blogs emailed to you automatically and I would like to know who is reading :)) 
Continue your prayers for the Meyers. Prayer for some couples we know with relational issues right now (God will know :) Pray for us to find a church home here, Jared isn't happy with the one we have been going to after going home to Access for a Sunday. Who could blame him? Missin' you so much already Access family and "real" family. Despite the circumstances of our visit, we enjoyed seeing your faces and spending as much time with you as we could! May we all have open hearts and ears to what God is doing this week, before the anniversary of his son overcoming death. 
Love, 


The House on Hampshire

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Brit...the pictures of you and PK brought both smiles and tears to my eyes...Beautiful "things" for sure!!! Great job with the chair!!! Love and many hugs to you, Jared, n PK...Kim n Kurt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute pictures of PK & you and great job on that chair! I love the print you used.

    ReplyDelete