I encourage you to take the time to read this article. It is one British general's opinion of how and when we (coalition of nations that went into Afghanistan) pull out of Afghanistan. I think he has good honest things to say. It made me wonder when we say "America" is tired and weary of the war.... I wonder how many military families have written the President and asked him to bring troops home? I wonder who the weary are. Honestly, I get the impression that the people most "tired" of the war are the ones that have the least to do with it on the home front. I think it is safe to assume that when this group of people think about the war all they see is the strain on American economy and where else the money could be going.... I think we should charge them higher taxes, personally... or ask them to enlist, maybe they can get the job done. ORRR they could decide to be compassionate about human life, foreign and American. Just a thought. (I think that was kind of ranty, sorry)
Anyway here is the link to the article http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/dec/04/top-british-general-afghanistan-warning
No comments:
Post a Comment