How is Day 15 going for those who are reading these posts? Are you enjoying what you are learning? Did anyone watch Fox News last night, it was a positive media night for the military I think. But don't google it, because I tried to find a repeat of the story they ran last night that had some Iraqi individuals thanking us for coming and for leaving and hopeful of the future. BUT if you google something like "fox new military, recent" the top 20 hits are all negative.... even from FOX! Jeesh. Found a new site today when I searched "Good military stories." Here is an excerpt from the article "In the brutal hours that followed that Mayday transmission on Nov. 27, 2006, Chief Warrant Officer 5 David Cooper of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment — the “Night Stalkers” — would earn a Distinguished Service Cross for his heroic actions to relieve his beleaguered colleagues, while an Air Force F-16 pilot would lose his life." Here is the link to an this riveting and hereoic story "missed by the large media." http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/07/army_dsc_072008/
It is a long story, so I decided to post just the link.
The website I found it on is http://www.blackfive.net/main/
A friend has introduced me to a side of the "story" that is the military life, check that out tomorrow!
It is a long story, so I decided to post just the link.
The website I found it on is http://www.blackfive.net/main/
A friend has introduced me to a side of the "story" that is the military life, check that out tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment