Mom's Mother's Day Present
Pillow reads: Home is where your mom is
Was my first project on my new sewing machine! (from my awesome mommy)
I used this tutorial for the embroidery and THIS one for the actual sewing of the pillow
Next up, new bedroom additions!
Primed and painted bedside table for Jared's side!
Sanded, primed and used a glaze mix after painting on a coat of the color I liked, when dry I coated it in a sealant (polyurethane) to keep it from nicking. Those are the original handles spray painted silver :)
New Curtains! (yep I sewed them!)
New rug! (no i didn't make it but I wanted to show it off, it's super cushy! Got it at Sam's Club!)
Cute PK Picture! Taken by Natalie Shaw!
DIY chalk board window!
Window: garage sale find $5
grey paint: $0 already had it
chalkboard paint: $0 (cus I got some on loan, but it costs between 3 and 6 dollars)
painters tape, stencil letters, and paper: $0 (already had them!
Fun right! It was super easy! Just taping off and spray painting, the stencil letters were tough because I'm inpatient and wanted to do them all at once! The window had a sturdy lip so I didn't need to get any special hardware or drill! Just two picture hanging nails and TADA! (as PK says now)
3 projects pictured here believe it or not
1. chalkboard painted jar!
2. mod podge, water and food coloring makes a BLUE glass jar! pretty!
3. my painted yellow chest of drawers acting as an "entry way table"
EVENTS! We traveled to Raleigh to get the car worked on, we left it and drove a rental home, but before we went home we ate at a little italian place (that we didn't love, unfortunately) and we were planning on going to an outdoor FREE family fun festival...
Until it started pouring rain! Seriously, NC can go from being a hot and humid sunny day to a down-pour in minutes!
On the up side, we saw Avengers for the second time, and Peter liked it.
Pic of PK at Cheesecake Factory the next week, he and I drove up (Daddy stayed home and studied) to get the car back. We went to the Lego store!
These are our friends Vonnie and Eric.
We went black-light minni golfing, while church watched our kiddos!
You can see why we all get along so well! :)
Here is just another cute PK picture, ever since we watched Avengers he has like having his shield (the frisbee) along with his sword, he is just taking a break from fighting evil in this picture, but don't worry, this is one safe house with him on the job.
That's all I got! MUCH love,
The House on Hampshire














No comments:
Post a Comment